The Post Graduate Certificate in Cyber Law seeks to address the changing needs to knowledge society in the era of Information Communication Technologies and virtual cyberspace, where one can reach the masses much quickly as opposed to earlier technologies thereby breaking the jurisdictional boundaries and creating series of challenges for the legal system due to its unique quality of openness, economic efficiency and anonymity of members of the virtual community. The Post Graduate Certificate in Cyber Law (PGCCL) is a 16 credits programme and consists of four compulsory courses.
1. India is in need of persons with an in-depth knowledge on Cyber law.
2. PG Certificate in Cyber Law can be considered as an added advantage and has great scope for the learners in the corporate field, Law and Information Technology.
3. The cyber law experts are in huge demand in public and private organization, Law and IT firms, police department, corporate world, universities and this will continue to grow further in this era of digitization.
Objectives: The objectives of this programme are to:
- enable learners to understand, explore, and acquire a critical understanding of Cyber Law;
- develop competencies for dealing with frauds and deceptions (confidence tricks, scams) and other cyber crimes for example, child pornography etc. that are taking place via the Internet;
- make learners conversant with the social and intellectual property issues emerging from ‘Cyberspace’;
- explore the legal and policy developments in various countries to regulate Cyberspace;
- develop the understanding of relationship between commerce and cyberspace; and
- give learners in depth knowledge of Information Technology Act and legal frame work of Right to Privacy, Data Security and Data Protection.
The Evaluation System for PGCCL consists of two components
a) Continuous evaluation through assignments (Tutor Marked Assignments).
b) Term-end examinations.
In the final results, assignments carry 30% weightage, while 70% weightage is given for
How to register
Contact regional centre in your city
You can also visit for further information relating to :
1. common prospectus: http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/studentzone/downloads/
2. study centre details: http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/studycentre/centre
3. admission announcement:
Teleconferencing is a one-way video and two-way audio facility. Teleconferencing will be held every month. During teleconferencing session, you will get an opportunity to interact by phone in facility or fax with the resource persons/experts who participate in teleconferencing session and clear your doubts immediately.
The teleconferencing facility will be available at the Regional Centre and Selected Study Centres. The teleconferencing schedule will be sent to the Programme In-charge and Regional Director who would inform the students. Teleconferencing is done through Gyan Darshan Channel. Students must regularly attend these sessions. These will help them clarify doubts and interact with other learners all over the country.
Radio counselling will be held through FM and students can ask questions free of cost with phone in facilities right from their homes. A toll free telephone number 110012345 has been provided for this purpose.
The Programme will also be telecast through DD Metro channel and schedule will be informed to students in advance.
Audio and video programmes for each course have been prepared to support learning for the students. These Audio-video programmes in the form of cassettes are available at all Programme Study Centres. These Audio and video cassettes will be provided for viewing and listening. They can also hire the cassettes for viewing and listening.
Students will be required to complete seventy-five percent attendance in theory counselling to become eligible for appearing in Term-end Examination. Similarly, they will be required to complete ninety percent attendance in practical contact sessions to become eligible for appearing in practical examination.
Continuous Evaluation of Theory Component
Assignment is a means of continuing assessment of theory and practical. Assignments will help you to recapitulate the theory and go back to the text again in case students are unable to answer a particular question. Thus assignments also help to reinforce learning in distance learning system of education. These assignments consist of a set of questions and activities that you will answer at your own place by referring your blocks. The assignments will cover all types of questions (long answer type, short answer type, objective type, multiple choice questions and case studies). The assignments will carry thirty percent weightage. Students will be required to obtain fifty percent marks as pass percentage in each assignment separately. Each assignment will carry 100 marks. In the final result assignments will carry thirty percent weightage.
As stated earlier, term-end examination is the major component of the evaluation system and if carries seventy percent weightage in the Final result. The University conducts term-end examination twice a year i.e., in June and December. They can take the examination only after completion of the course, failing which students can take the same in December or June of subsequent years years within the total span of the programme. In case any student fail to get a pass score in the Tern-end Examination, the person will be eligible to reappear at the next Term-end Examination for that course as and when if is held, within the total span of the Programme.